Our women's health division is interested in creating a same day discharge pathway for hysterectomy patients. What are the current recommendations for best practice?
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Implementation of a same-day discharge protocol following total laparoscopic hysterectomy.JOGC. 2018; 40: 29-35https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jogc.2017.05.035
- 25 Changes in utilization and safety profile of same day discharge for minimally invasive hysterectomy from 2008-2018.AJOG. 2021; 224: S761-S762https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2021.04.050
- Enhanced recovery after surgery: current research insights and future direction.World J Gastrointest Surg. 2017; 9: 37-45https://doi.org/10.4240/wjgs.v9.i2.37
- Enhanced recovery after surgery in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery.Obstet Gynecol Clin N Am. 2022; 49: 381-395https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ogc.2022.02.014
- Predictors of same-day discharge following benign minimally invasive hysterectomy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022; 227: 320.e1-320.e9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2022.05.026
- Systematic review of same-day discharge after minimally invasive hysterectomy.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2017; 136: 128-137https://doi.org/10.1002/ijgo.12023
- Same-day discharge after laparoscopic hysterectomy.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012; 91: 1339-1341https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0412.2012.01535.x
Published online: February 22, 2023
Conflict of Interest: None to report.
© 2023 American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.