Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Postoperative sore throat: Incidence, risk factors, and outcome.J Med Assoc Thai. 2013; 96: 936-942
- Complaints of sore throat after tracheal intubation: A prospective evaluation.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2005; 22: 307-311https://doi.org/10.1017/s0265021505000529
- Incidence and risk factors of postoperative sore throat after endotracheal intubation in Korean patients.J Int Med Res. 2017; 45: 744-752https://doi.org/10.1177/0300060516687227
- Implementation of evidence in preventing postoperative sore throat of patients undergoing general anesthesia intubation using the i-PARIHS framework.Comput Intell Neurosci. 2022; 20223151423https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/3151423
- Postoperative sore throat: A systematic review.Anaesthesia. 2016; 71: 706-717https://doi.org/10.1111/anae.13438
- Effect on postoperative sore throat of spraying the endotracheal tube cuff with benzydamine hydrochloride, 10% lidocaine, and 2% lidocaine.Anesth Analg. 2010; 111: 882-886https://doi.org/10.1213/ANE.0b013e3181d4854e
- Postoperative sore throat: Cause, prevention and treatment.Anaesthesia. 1999; 54: 444-453https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2044.1999.00780.x
- Benzydamine hydrochloride on postoperative sore throat: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Can J Anaesth. 2014; 61: 220-228https://doi.org/10.1007/s12630-013-0080-y
- Topical application of licorice for prevention of postoperative sore throat in adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis.J Clin Anesth. 2019; 54: 25-32https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinane.2018.10.025
- Topical application of magnesium to prevent intubation-related sore throat in adult surgical patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Can J Anaesth. 2019; 66 (Application topique de magnesium pour prevenir les maux de gorge lies a l'intubation chez les patients chirurgicaux adultes: revue systematique et meta-analyse): 1082-1094https://doi.org/10.1007/s12630-019-01396-7
- Efficacy of perioperative intravenous dexmedetomidine administration for the prevention of postoperative sore throat: A meta-analysis.J Int Med Res. 2021; 493000605211017686https://doi.org/10.1177/03000605211017686
- Lidocaine for postoperative sore throat: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Minerva Anestesiol. 2020; 86: 546-553https://doi.org/10.23736/S0375-9393.20.14170-1
- Aerosolized corticosteroids to prevent postoperative sore throat in adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2019; 63: 282-291https://doi.org/10.1111/aas.13275
- Preoperative intravenous dexamethasone prevents tracheal intubation-related sore throat in adult surgical patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Can J Anaesth. 2019; 66 (La dexamethasone intraveineuse preoperatoire evite le mal de gorge du a l'intubation tracheale chez des patients chirurgicaux adultes: revue systematique de la litterature et meta-analyse): 562-575https://doi.org/10.1007/s12630-018-01288-2
- Intravenous lidocaine to prevent postoperative airway complications in adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Br J Anaesth. 2020; 124: 314-323https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bja.2019.11.033
- Nebulized pharmacological agents for preventing postoperative sore throat: A systematic review and network meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0237174https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0237174
- Effectiveness of ketamine gargle in reducing postoperative sore throat in patients undergoing airway instrumentation: A systematic review.JBI Database System Rev Implement Rep. 2015; 13: 244-278https://doi.org/10.11124/jbisrir-2015-2045
- Comparative efficacy of 6 topical pharmacological agents for preventive interventions of postoperative sore throat after tracheal intubation: A systematic review and network meta-analysis.Anesth Analg. 2021; 133: 58-67https://doi.org/10.1213/ANE.0000000000005521
- Effect of intracuff lidocaine on postoperative sore throat and the emergence phenomenon: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0136184https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0136184
- Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of budesonide: A new nebulized corticosteroid.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999; 104: 175-183https://doi.org/10.1016/s0091-6749(99)70059-x
- Prophylactic effectiveness of budesonide inhalation in reducing postoperative throat complaints.Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2014; 271: 1667-1672https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-014-2896-7
- Effect of inhaled budesonide suspension, administered using a metered dose inhaler, on post-operative sore throat, hoarseness of voice and cough.Indian J Anaesth. 2018; 62: 66-71https://doi.org/10.4103/ija.IJA_382_17
- The effect of betamethasone gel in reducing sore throat, cough, and hoarseness after laryngo-tracheal intubation.Middle East J Anaesthesiol. 2007; 19: 197-204
- Effects of lidocaine and k-y jellies on sore throat, cough, and hoarseness following endotracheal anaesthesia.J West Afr Coll Surg. 2011; 1: 44-61
- Discovery, mechanisms of action and safety of ibuprofen.Int J Clin Pract Suppl. 2003; 135: 3-8
- Prophylactic administration of corticosteroids for preventing postoperative complications related to tracheal intubation: A systematic review and meta-analysis of 18 randomized controlled trials.Clin Drug Investig. 2016; 36: 255-265https://doi.org/10.1007/s40261-015-0369-4
- Intracuff pressure and tracheal morbidity: Influence of filling with saline during nitrous oxide anesthesia.Anesthesiology. 2001; 95: 1120-1124https://doi.org/10.1097/00000542-200111000-00015
- Budesonide inhalation powder: A review of its pharmacologic properties and role in the treatment of asthma.Pharmacotherapy. 1998; 18: 720-728
- Evaluation of the application of topical steroids on the endotracheal tube in decreasing post-operative sore throat.J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol. 2002; 18 (04/01): 167-170
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of Interest: None to report.
Availability of Data and Materials: The datasets used and/or analyzed during the current study are available from the corresponding author on reasonable request.
Trial Registration: This research was retrospectively registered in the Thai Clinical Trials Registry (TCTR). This research was reviewed and approved by TCTR Committee on 13 January 2022. The TCTR identification number is TCTR20220113001.
Funding: The authors report no involvement in the research by the sponsor that could have influenced the outcome of this work.