Strategies to Address the Problem
Evaluation and Results
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
Statistics Bureau, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications. Population of Japan: Final report of the 2005 population census. Accessed 3 March 2021. Available at: https://www.stat.go.jp/english/data/jinsui/tsuki/index.html
Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. Study group on promoting task-shifting/sharing to promote physician work style reform. Accessed 9 March 2021 (in Japanese). Available at: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/12601000/000711171.pdf
OECD Report. Accessed 6 March 2021. Available at: https://data.oecd.org/health.htm
Japanese Society of Anesthesiologists. Proposed measures by the Japanese Society of Anesthesiologists for the manpower shortage of anesthesiologists. Accessed 6 March 2021 (in Japanese). Available at: http://www.anesth.or.jp/info/pdf/suggestion20080807.pdf
- Measures to address the manpower shortage in anesthesiology in Japan.Jpn Med Assoc J. 2007; 50 (Available at:) (2010;163:51–59): 325-329https://doi.org/10.1016/j.Sc.2010.00372
Japan Nurses Association. The Japan Nurses Association operates a certification system with the aim of providing quality health care to the public. Accessed 3 March 2021 (in Japanese). Available at: https://nintei.nurse.or.jp/nursing/qualification
- Preoperative anesthesia clinic in Japan: A nationwide survey of the current practice of preoperative anesthesia assessment.J Anesth. 2015; 29 (Available at:): 175-179
- Scoping the role and education needs of practice nurses in London.Prim Health Care Res Dev. 2017; 18: 316-332https://doi.org/10.1017/S1463423617000093
- Satisfaction levels for nursing program sessions of peri-anesthesia care: A Questionnaire Survey.Bulletin of St. Luke's International University. 2021; 7: 121-125
- A qualitative study of physician and nurse practitioner perspectives on NP independence in primary care.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 284-290https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-016-3896-7
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of Interest: None to report.
Funding: This research received no external funding.