Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Guidelines for perioperative care in elective colorectal surgery: enhanced recovery after surgery (ERAS®) society recommendations: 2018.World J Surg. 2019; 43: 659-695
- Preoperative fasting for adults to prevent perioperative complications.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2003; CD004423https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD004423
- Practice guidelines for preoperative fasting and the use of pharmacologic agents to reduce the risk of pulmonary aspiration: application to healthy patients undergoing elective procedures: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on preoperative fasting and the use of pharmacologic agents to reduce the risk of pulmonary aspiration.Anesthesiology. 2017; 126: 376-393
- Preoperative oral carbohydrate load versus placebo in major elective abdominal surgery (PROCY): a randomized, placebo-controlled, multicenter, phase III trial.Ann Surg. 2018; 267: 623-630
- Evaluation of preoperative oral carbohydrate administration on insulin resistance in off-pump coronary artery bypass patients: a randomised trial.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2017; 34: 740-747
- The metabolic effects of fasting and surgery.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2006; 20: 429-438
- Preoperative carbohydrate treatment for enhancing recovery after elective surgery.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; CD009161https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD009161
- Randomized clinical trial of intravenous fluid replacement during bowel preparation for surgery.Br J Surg. 2001; 88: 1363-1365
- Prevalence of hypokalemia before and after bowel preparation for colonoscopy in high-risk patients.Gastrointest Endosc. 2017; 86: 673-679
- Prevalence and risk factors for hypokalemia in patients scheduled for laparoscopic colorectal resection and its association with post-operative recovery.BMC Gastroenterol. 2018; 18: 152
- Pharmacists' interventions on intravenous to oral conversion for potassium.Int J Clin Pharm. 2014; 36: 513-518
- Potassium and phosphorus repletion in hospitalized patients: Implications for clinical practice and the potential use of healthcare information technology to improve prescribing and patient safety.Curr Med Res Opin. 2006; 22: 2449-2455
- A carbohydrate-rich drink reduces preoperative discomfort in elective surgery patients.Anesth Analg. 2001; 93: 1344-1350
- Preoperative fluid and electrolyte management with oral rehydration therapy.J Anesth. 2009; 23: 222-229
- How perioperative fluid balance influences postoperative outcomes.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2006; 20: 439-455
- The effect of oral hydration on the risk or aspiration and hemodynamic stability before the induction of anesthesia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Clin Anesth. 2018; 49: 7-11
- Effects of oral carbohydrate with amino acid solution on the metabolic status of patients in the preoperative period: a randomized, prospective clinical trial.J Anesth. 2016; 30: 842-849
- Patient-reported outcomes are associated with enhanced recovery status in patients with bladder cancer undergoing radical cystectomy.Surg Innov. 2018; 25: 242-250
- Oesophageal obstruction and ulceration caused by oral potassium therapy.Br Heart J. 1970; 32: 267-268
- Potassium supplementation, diet vs pills: a randomized trial in postoperative cardiac surgery patients.Chest. 2004; 125: 404-409
- Hypokalaemia in hospitalised patients.Swiss Med Wkly. 2016; 146: w14320
- Meta-analysis of oral antibiotics, in combination with preoperative intravenous antibiotics and mechanical bowel preparation the day before surgery, compared with intravenous antibiotics and mechanical bowel preparation alone to reduce surgical-site infections in elective colorectal surgery.BJS Open. 2018; 2: 185-194
- Comparing mechanical bowel preparation with both oral and systemic antibiotics versus mechanical bowel preparation and systemic antibiotics alone for the prevention of surgical site infection after elective colorectal surgery: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled clinical trials.Dis Colon Rectum. 2016; 59: 70-78
- The role of oral antibiotics prophylaxis in prevention of surgical site infection in colorectal surgery.Int J Colorectal Dis. 2017; 32: 1-18
- Hypokalemia: a clinical update.Endocr Connect. 2018; 7: R135-R146
- Prevention and control system of hypokalemia in fast recovery after abdominal surgery.Curr Ther Res Clin Exp. 2013; 74: 68-73
- A close look at postoperative fluid management and electrolyte disorders after gastrointestinal surgery in a teaching hospital where patients are treated according to the ERAS protocol.Surg Today. 2014; 44: 2052-2057
- New guidelines for potassium replacement in clinical practice: a contemporary review by the National Council on Potassium in Clinical Practice.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 2429-2436
- The effect of preoperative oral carbohydrate or oral rehydration solution on postoperative quality of recovery: a randomized, controlled clinical trial.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0133309
- Randomized controlled trial of preoperative oral carbohydrate treatment in major abdominal surgery.Br J Surg. 2010; 97: 485-494
- A randomized trial of preoperative oral carbohydrates in abdominal surgery.BMC Anesthesiol. 2014; 14: 93
- Modified ERAS protocol using preoperative oral rehydration therapy: outcomes and issues.J Anesth. 2014; 28: 143-147
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of Interest: None to report.
Funding: The present study was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 81600507) and Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province (No. 2016A030313232).
Data Availably Statement: All data generated or analyzed during this study are included in this published article.