Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). National diabetes statistics report: estimates of diabetes and its burden in the United States. 2020. Accessed May 15, 2020. https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf
- Perioperative hyperglycemia: a literature review.AORN J. 2018; 109: 80-86https://doi.org/10.1002/aorn.12445
- Rationalization, development, and implementation of a preoperative diabetes optimization program designed to improve outcomes & reduce cost.Diabetes Spectr. 2017; 30: 217-223https://doi.org/10.2337/ds16-0066
- Perioperative hyperglycemia management: an update.Anesthesiology. 2017; 126: 547-560https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0000000000001515
- Interferences and limitations in blood glucose self-testing.J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2016; 10: 1161-1168https://doi.org/10.1177/1932296816641433
- Proactive protocol-based management of hyperglycemia and diabetes in colorectal surgery patients.Endocr Pract. 2018; 24: 1073-1085https://doi.org/10.4158/EP-2018-0379
- Glycemic outcomes three years after implementation of a perioperative glycemic control algorithm in an academic institution.Endocr Pract. 2017; 23: 123-131https://doi.org/10.4158/EP161354.OR
- Perioperative glucose monitoring and treatment of patients undergoing vascular surgery in a community hospital setting.AANA J. 2014; 82: 427-430
- Interventions to improve adherence to a hypoglycemia protocol.Diabetes Spectr. 2017; 30: 195-201https://doi.org/10.2337/ds16-0042
- Efficacy and safety of an insulin infusion protocol during and after cardiac surgery.Diabetes Metab. 2010; 36: 71-78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabet.2009.05.008
- Evaluating a Perioperative Hyperglycemia Protocol in Non-Cardiac Patients (Unpublished Doctoral Scholarly Project).The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama2020
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
Conflict of Interest: None to report.