Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Aromatherapy for preoperative anxiety: a pilot study.Am Soc PeriAnesthesia Nurs. 2018; 34: 1-6https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jopan.2018.05.007
- A preoperative stress inquiry and a vulnerable United States military population.J PeriAnesthesia Nurs. 2013; 28: 67-76https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jopan.2012.11.007
- The efficacy of lavender aromatherapy in reducing preoperative anxiety in ambulatory surgery patients undergoing procedures in general otolaryngology.Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol. 2017; 2: 437-441https://doi.org/10.1002/lio2.121
The Defense Health Agency. DoD Agency Strategic Plan [Strategy map]. 2017. Accessed July 15, 2018. https://health.mil/About-MHS/OASDHA/Defense-Health-Agency.
- The use of the essential oil lavandin to reduce preoperative anxiety in surgical patients.J PeriAnesthesia Nurs. 2009; 24: 348-355https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jopan.2009.10.002
- High reliability principles must be tied to value-based outcomes.Front Health Serv Manage. 2017; 33: 26-32https://doi.org/10.1097/HAP.0000000000000009
- Navy Medical Center San Diego.2018 (Updated January 15. Accessed July 28, 2018.)https://www.health.mil/Military-Health-Topics/Access-Cost-Quality-and-Safety/Patient-Portal-for-MHS-Quality-Patient-Safety-and-Access-Information/See-How-Were-Doing/Navy/NMC-SAN-DIEGO
- The effect of inhalation aromatherapy on anxiety level of the patients in preoperative period.Iranian J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2011; 16: 278-283
Soothing Scents. (2019). Retrieved from https://soothing-scents.com/product/still-clippy/ Spielberger, C.D. (2015). State trait anxiety inventory for adults: Forms Y-1 and Y-2 manual. Palo Alto, CA: Mind Garden, Inc.
- Evidence-Based Medicine: How to Practice and Teach EBM.2nd ed. Churchill-Livingstone, New York2000
- The IOWA model of evidence-based practice to promote quality care.Crit Care Nurs Clin N Am. 2001; 13: 497-509
- The effect of aromatherapy using lavender and citrus extracts to treat anxiety of patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a randomized clinical trial in Iran.Biomed Res Ther. 2018; 5: 2096-2110https://doi.org/10.15419/bmrat.v5i3.423
- Introducing evidence into nursing practice: using the IOWA model.Br J Nurs Open. 2011; 20: 661-664https://doi.org/10.12968/bjon.20.11.661
Food and Drug Administration. (2020). Face masks and surgical masks for COVID-19. Accessed March 10, 2020.https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipmentinfection-control/face-masks-and-surgical-masks-covid-19-manufacturing-purchasingimporting-and-donating-masks-during.
- Determinants of Anxiety in Elective Surgery Patients. Stress and Anxiety, 4.Wiley, Washington, D.C.1977
- Face Masks and Surgical Masks for COVID-19.(May 11)2020https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/personal-protective-equipment-infection-control/face-masks-and-surgical-masks-covid-19-manufacturing-purchasing-importing-and-donating-masks-during
- State Trait Anxiety Inventory for Adults: Forms Y-1 and Y-2 Manual.Mind Garden, Inc, Palo Alto, CA2015
- A systematic review of evidence on the links between patient experience and clinical safety and effectiveness.Br Med J Open. 2013; 3: 1-16https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2012-001570
- Rethinking the United States military healthcare system.Health Affairs. 2017; (Accessed June 8, 2018)
Ellison A. Average hospital expenses per inpatient day across 50 states. 2019. Accessed June 8, 2018. https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/average-hospital-expenses-per-inpatient-day-across-50-states.html.
Conflict of Interest: None to report.
Military Disclaimer: Some of the authors are military service members. This work was prepared as a part of their official duties. Title 17 USC 105 provides that “Copyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government.” Title 17 USC 101 defines United States Government work as a work prepared by a military service member or employee of the United States Government as a part of that person's official duties.