Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Influence of gum chewing on post-operative bowel activity after cesarean section.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2010; 69: 84-87https://doi.org/10.1159/000260048
- The effect of gum chewing, early oral hydration, and early mobilization on intestinal motility after cesarean birth.Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2015; 12: 380-388https://doi.org/10.1111/wvn.12125
- Effects of gum chewing on post-operative bowel motility after cesarean section: a meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials.BLOG. 2014; 121: 787-792https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.12662
- Gum chewing stimulates early return of bowel motility after cesarean section.BLOG. 2009; 116: 1334-1339https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1471-0528.2009.02225.x
- The role of xylitol gum chewing in restoring post-operative bowel activity after cesarean section.Biol Res Nurs. 2016; 18: 167-172https://doi.org/10.1177/1099800415592966
- Effect of bed exercises and gum chewing on abdominal sounds, flatulence, and early discharge in the early period after cesarean section.J Clin Nurs. 2016; 25: 1416-1425https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.13245
- Gum chewing is associated with early recovery of bowel motility and a shorter length of hospital stay for women after cesarean section.Evid Based Med. 2015; 20: 22https://doi.org/10.1136/ebmed-2014-110058
- Enhanced recovery after cesarean delivery: a challenge for anesthesiologists.Chin Med J (Engl). 2020; 133: 590-596https://doi.org/10.1097/CM9.0000000000000644
- Enhanced recovery after cesarean: current and emerging trends [published online ahead of print, 2021 Mar 2].Curr Anesthesiol Rep. 2021; : 1-9https://doi.org/10.1007/s40140-021-00442-9
- Chewing gum improves post-operative recovery of gastrointestinal function after cesarean delivery: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized trials.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018; 31: 1924-1932https://doi.org/10.1080/14767058.2017.1330883
- The effect of gum chewing on the return of bowel motility after planned cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trial.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 33: 1670-1677https://doi.org/10.1080/14767058.2018.1526913
- Effectiveness of xylitol in reducing dental caries in children.Pediatr Dent. 2017; 39: 103-110
Policy on Use of Xylitol in Pediatric Dentistry. American academy of pediatric dentistry. https://www.aapd.org/research/oral-health-policies–recommendations/use-of-xylitol/. 2020 Accessed September 26, 2021.
- Influences of xylitol consumption at different dosages on intestinal tissues and gut microbiota in rats.J Agric Food Chem. 2021; 69: 12002-12011https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jafc.1c03720
- CONSORT 2010 statement: updated guidelines for reporting parallel group randomized trials.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 726-732https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-152-11-201006010-00232
- Can coffee consumption be used to accelerate the recovery of bowel function after cesarean section? randomized prospective trial.Ginekol Pol. 2020; 91: 85-90https://doi.org/10.5603/GP.2020.0014
- Effect of chewing gum on outcome measures among women post cesarean section.IOSR Journal of Nursing and Health Science (IOSR-JNHS). 2021; 10: 1-6https://doi.org/10.9790/1959-1002025562
- Chewing gum to hasten bowel recovery in cesarean section: a randomized control trial.Pakistan Armed Forces Medical Journal. 2020; 70: 1045-1048
- Chewing sugar-free gum reduces ileus after cesarean section in nulliparous women: a randomized clinical trial.Iran Red Crescent Med J. 2013; 15: 330-334https://doi.org/10.5812/ircmj.6458
- The role of gum chewing in regaining bowel motility in patients undergoing cesarean section: a randomized controlled trial.Evidence-Based Women's Health Journal. 2019; 9: 568-573https://doi.org/10.21608/EBWHJ.2019.64360
- Effect of chewing gum on bowel recovery following cesarean section: a randomized controlled trial.Int Surger J. 2020; 7: 3576-3580https://doi.org/10.18203/2349-2902.isj20204453
- Effects of gum chewing on recovery of bowel function following cesarean section: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2013; 288: 255-260https://doi.org/10.1007/s00404-013-2727-x
- Efficacy of chewing gum for improving bowel function after cesarean sections: a randomized controlled trial.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 33: 1840-1845https://doi.org/10.1080/14767058.2018.1531122
- The relation between gum chewing in early post-operative period and the return of gastrointestinal function after cesarean section.Obstet Gynecol Int J. 2019; 10: 408-412https://doi.org/10.15406/ogij.2019.10.00475
- The effect of chewing gum on acceleration of hospitalized time stay among post-cesarean section patients at Kendari City hospital.Int J Nur Health Ser (IJNHS). 2021; 4: 373-378https://doi.org/10.35654/ijnhs.v4i4.409
- Chewing gum for intestinal function recovery after cesarean section: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017; 17: 105https://doi.org/10.1186/s12884-017-1286-8
Conflict of Interest: None to report.