Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The medicine of music: A systematic approach for adoption into perianesthesia practice.J Perianesth Nurs. 2011; 26: 323-330
Music and Memory [homepage]. Available at: https://musicandmemory.org. Accessed June 27, 2018.
- Effects of music therapy under general anesthesia in patients undergoing abdominal surgery.Libyan J Med. 2017; 12: 1260886
- Music used as anti-anxiety intervention for patients during outpatient procedures: A review of the literature.Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2016; 22: 21-23
- Music as an aid for postoperative recovery in adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2015; 386: 1659-1671
- Perioperative psychological and music interventions in elderly patients undergoing spinal anesthesia: Effect on anxiety, heart rate variability, and postoperative pain.Yonsei Med J. 2014; 55: 1101-1105
- The effects of music, white noise, and ambient noise on sedation and anxiety in patients under spinal anesthesia during surgery.J Perianesth Nurs. 2014; 29: 418-426
- Perioperative music or headsets to decrease anxiety.J Perianesth Nurs. 2012; 27: 146-154
- The efficacy of music therapy.J Perianesth Nurs. 2010; 25: 226-232
- Strategies for decreasing patient anxiety in the perioperative setting.AORN J. 2010; 92 (quiz 458–460): 445-457
- Collaborating with music therapists to improve patient care.AORN J. 2016; 104: 192-197
- Inpatient massage therapy versus music therapy versus usual care: A mixed-methods feasibility randomized controlled trial.Glob Adv Health Med. 2017; 6 (2164957x17735816)
- Music listening among postoperative patients in the intensive care unit: A randomized controlled trial with mixed-methods analysis.Integr Med Insights. 2017; 12 (1178633717716455)
- Delirium in elderly people.Lancet. 2014; 383: 911-922
- Association of integrated care coordination with postsurgical outcomes in high-risk older adults: The Perioperative Optimization of Senior Health (POSH) Initiative.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 454-462
- The importance of delirium: Economic and societal costs.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: S241-S243
- The duration of self-selected music needed to reduce preoperative anxiety.J Perianesth Nurs. 2016; 31: 196-208
Conflict of interest: none to report.
Funding: This work was supported by the Duke Institute for Health Innovations.