Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Nerve injury associated with anesthesia.Anesthesiology. 1990; 73: 202-207
- Nerve injury associated with anesthesia: A closed claim analysis.Anesthesiology. 1999; 90: 1062-1069
- Perioperative peripheral nerve injuries.Contin Educ Anaesth Crit Care Pain. 2012; 12: 38-42
- The closed claims study.Anesthesiology. 1990; 73: 199-201
- Peripheral nerve injuries associated with anaesthesia.Anaesthesia. 2000; 55: 980-991
- Ulnar nerve injury and perioperative arm positioning.Anesthesiol Clin North America. 2002; 20: 589-603
- Intraoperative positioning nerve injuries.Surg Neurol. 2005; 63: 5-18
- Perioperative nerve injury: a silent scream?.Anesthesiology. 2009; 111: 464-466
- The double crush in nerve entrapment syndromes.Lancet. 1973; 2: 359-362
- Nurse Anesthesia.5th ed. Elsevier, St. Louis, MO2014
- Peripheral nerve reconstruction after injury: A review of clinical and experimental therapies.Biomed Res Int. 2014; 2014: 698256
Webster K. Peripheral nerve injuries and positioning for general anesthesia. Anesthesia tutorial of the week; 2012. Available at: http://library.stkate.edu/sites/default/files/sites/citingwriting/citeAMA.pdf. Accessed May 12, 2015.
- Clinical Neuroanatomy.12th ed. McGraw-Hill Companies, New York City2013
- The use of autogenous graft for the repair of large gaps in peripheral nerves.Br J Surg. 1947; 35: 151-167
- Traumatic injuries of peripheral nerves: A review with emphasis on surgical indication.Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2013; 71: 811-814
- The function of nerve fibers whose structure has been disorganized.Anat Rec. 1951; 109: 503-513
- Management of nerve injuries.US Pharm. 2012; 37 (HS-12-HS-15)
- Brachial plexus injury after laproscopic and robotic surgery.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2010; 17: 414-420
- Positioning injuries associated with robotic assisted urological surgery.J Urol. 2013; 190: 580-584
- Ulnar nerve with open-heart surgery.Ann Thorac Surg. 1985; 39: 358-360
- Complications associated with patient positioning in urologic surgery.Urology. 2010; 76: 1309-1316
- Miller's Anesthesia.8th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2015
- High origin of dorsal branch of the ulnar nerve and variations in its branching patter and distribution: A case report.Cases J. 2009; 2: 9130
- Brachial plexus injuries in adults: Evaluation and diagnostic approach.ISRN Orthop. 2014; 2014: 726103
- Musculoskeletal Assessment: Joint Motion and Muscle Testing (Musculoskeletal Assessment).3rd ed. Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia2013
- Guyton and Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology.13th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2016
- Suprascapular nerve: Is it important in cuff pathology?.Adv Orthop. 2012; 2012: 516985
- Perioperative peripheral nerve injuries. A retrospective study of 380,680 cases during a 10-year period at a single institution.Anesthesiology. 2009; 111: 490-497
- Intraoperative positioning of patients under general anesthesia and the risk op postoperative pain and pressure ulcers.J Perianesth Nurs. 2013; 28: 137-143
- Practice advisory for the prevention of perioperative peripheral neuropathies.Anesthesiology. 2011; 114: 1-14
- A comparison of shoulder pressure among different patient stabilization techniques.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 209: 478.e1-478.e5
- Evidence-Based Practice of Anesthesiology.3rd ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2013
- Ulnar neuropathy after median sternotomy.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1993; 291: 259-265
- Brachial plexus injury following median sternotomy.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1980; 80: 447-452
- Atlas of Anatomy.2nd ed. Thieme Medical Publishers, New York2012
American Association of Nurse Anesthetists. Standards for nurse anesthesia practice; 2013. Available at: http://www.aana.com/resources2/professionalpractice/Documents/PPM%20Standards%20for%20Nurse%20Anesthesia%20Practice.pdf. Accessed May 12, 2015.
- Anesthetic considerations for robotic surgery in the steep Trendelenburg position.Adv Anesth. 2012; 30: 75-96
- Positioning the surgical patient.Anesth Intens Care Med. 2012; 13: 528-532
- A case of bilateral brachial plexus palsy due to shoulder braces.J Clin Anesth. 2007; 19: 482-484
- Third place: Flank position is associated with higher skin-to-surface interface pressures in men versus women: Implications for laparoscopic renal surgery and the risk of rhabdomyolysis.J Endourol. 2008; 22: 1147-1151
- Role of multimodal intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring during positioning of patient prior to cervical spine surgery.Clin Neurophysiol. 2015; 126: 1264-1270
National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Available at: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/peripheralneuropathy/detail_peripheralneuropathy.htm. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- Stoelting's Anesthesia and Co-Existing Disease.6th ed. Elsevier, Philadelphia, PA2012
Conflict of interest: None to report.