Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Preoperative normothermia to reduce the incidence of surgical wound infection and shorten hospitalization.N Engl J Med. 1996; 334: 1209-1215
- Effects of mild perioperative hypothermia on cellular immune responses.Anesthesiology. 1998; 89: 1133-1140
- A systematic review of intraoperative warming to prevent postoperative complications.AORN J. 2006; 83: 1090-1113
- Mild hypothermia alters propofol pharmacokinetics and increases the duration of action of atracurium.Anesth Analg. 1995; 80: 1007-1014
National Collaborating Centre for Nursing and Supportive Care, Clinical Practice Guideline. The Management of Inadvertent Perioperative Hypothermia in Adults. NICE Clinical Guidelines, No. 65, London, UK: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence.
- Perioperative complications of hypothermia.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2008; 22: 645-657
- Hypothermia after cesarean delivery and its reversal with lorazepam.Int J Obstet Anesth. 2005; 14: 279-283
- Hypothermia associated with subarachnoid morphine.Anaesth Intensive Care. 1997; 25: 586
- A randomised double-blind controlled study evaluating the hypothermic effect of 150 microg morphine during spinal anaesthesia for Caesarean section.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2006; 61: 29-31
- Hypothermia and excessive sweating following intrathecal morphine in a parturient undergoing cesarean delivery.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2003; 28: 140-143
- The hypothermic action of epidural and subarachnoid morphine in parturients.Reg Anesth. 1991; 16: 325-328
- Hypothermia associated with intrathecal morphine.J Anesth. 1992; 6: 349-352
- Persistent hypothermia after intrathecal morphine: Case report and literature review.Can J Anaesth. 2012; 59: 384-388
- Sudorese profusa e hipotermia após administração de morfina por via subaracnóidea Relato de caso.Rev Bras Anestesiol. 2006; 56 ([in Portugese]): 52-56
- Hypothermia after accidental intrathecal administration of high-dose morphine.Circ Contr. 2015; 36: 25-27
- Hypothermia following intrathecal morphine injection during cesarean section: A case report and literature review.J Anesth Clin Res. 2015; 6: 527
- Intraoperative forced air-warming during cesarean delivery under spinal anesthesia does not prevent maternal hypothermia.Anesth Analg. 2007; 5: 1413-1419
- Active warming during cesarean delivery.Anesth Analg. 2002; 94: 409-414
- Thermoregulation, mild perioperative hypothermia and postanaesthetic shivering.Br J Anaesth. 2000; 84: 615-628
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of warming interventions for women undergoing caesarean section.Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2014; 11: 383-393
- Maternal and newborn outcomes related to maternal warming during cesarean delivery.J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs. 2006; 35: 324-331
- Warming our Cesarean section patients: Why and how?.J Clin Anesth. 2009; 21: 239-241
- Genius 2 Tympanic Thermometer Operating Manual.Covidien, Mansfield, MA2011
- A simulation study of the number of events per variable in logistic regression analysis.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 1373-1379
- Perioperative temperature management in day-case surgical patients.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2012; 29: 354-355
- ASPAN's evidence-based clinical practice guideline for the promotion of perioperative normothermia: Second edition.J Perianesth Nurs. 2010; 25: 346-365
- Thermal management during anaesthesia and thermoregulation standards for the prevention of inadvertent perioperative hypothermia.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2008; 22: 659-668
- Warming of patients during caesarean section: A telephone survey.Anaesthesia. 2009; 64: 50-53
- The effect of patient warming during caesarean delivery on maternal and neonatal outcomes: A meta-analysis.Br J Anaesth. 2015; 115: 500-510
- Epidural versus general anesthesia, ambient operating room temperature, and patient age as predictors of inadvertent hypothermia.Anesthesiology. 1992; 77: 252-257
Conflict of interest: None to report.
Funding: No external funding.