Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Anesthetic care of the patient with obstructive sleep apnea.Middle East J Anesthesiol. 2009; 20: 143-152
- Obstructive sleep apnea and anesthesia.Indian J Crit Care Med. 2008; 12: 116-123
- RTs' role in the perioperative management of OSA.RT. 2007; 20: 20-22
- Practice guidelines for the perioperative management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea: A report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Perioperative Management of obstructive sleep apnea.Anesthesiology. 2006; 104: 1081-1093
Ogan O, Plevak D. Anesthesia safety always an issue with obstructive sleep apnea. Available at: www.apsf.org. Accessed June 23, 2011.
- Sleep and sleep-disordered breathing in the hospitalized patient.Respir Care. 2010; 55: 1240-1254
- What are the post-op risks in patients who have obstructive sleep apnea? To what extent are patients with obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS) at increased risk for postoperative complications? Are there any specific interventions that reduce the risks?.J Respir Dis. 2008; 29: 389
- Nursing assessment of obstructive sleep apnea in hospitalised adults: A review of risk factors and screening tools.Contemp Nurse. 2009; 34: 19-33
- Obstructive sleep apnea of obese adults: Pathophysiology and perioperative airway management.Anesthesiology. 2009; 110: 908-921
- A systematic review of screening questionnaires for obstructive sleep apnea.Can J Anaesth. 2010; 57: 423-438
Mayo Clinic. Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Available at: www.mayoclinic.com. Accessed June 23, 2011.
- Using the Berlin Questionnaire to identify patients at risk for the sleep apnea syndrome.Ann Intern Med. 1999; 131: 485-491
- STOP questionnaire: A tool to screen patients for obstructive sleep apnea.Anesthesiology. 2008; 108: 812-821
- Obstructive sleep apnea in the adult obese patient: Implications for airway management.Anesthesiol Clin North America. 2002; 20: 789-811
- Capnography monitoring enhances safety of postoperative patient-controlled analgesia.Am Health Drug Benefits. 2008; 1: 28-35
- Postoperative analgesia and respiratory events in patients with symptoms of obstructive sleep apnoea.Anaesth Intensive Care. 2009; 37: 720-725
- Electroacupuncture and TENS: Putting theory into practice.Am J Chin Med. 2010; 92: 46-58
- Accuracy of postoperative end-tidal PCO2 measurements with mainstream and sidestream capnography in non-obese patients and in obese patients with and without obstructive sleep apnea.Anesthesiology. 2009; 111: 609-615
- Capnography and respiratory depression: Is capnography a good way to monitor at-risk postsurgical patients? A prospective trial examines the question.Am J Nurs. 2008; 108: 35-39
- Management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea.J Fam Pract. 2008; 57: S24
Volpe K. ASA Apnea Guidelines fill gap, leave holes. 2008;34. Available at: www.anesthesiologynews.com. Accessed June 23, 2011.
- High STOP-Bang score indicates a high probability of obstructive sleep apnoea.Br J Anaesth. 2012; 108: 768-775