Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trends in alternative medicine use in the United States, 1990-1997: Results of a follow-up national survey.JAMA. 1998; 280: 1569-1575
- Trends in use of complementary and alternative medicine by US adults: 1997-2002.Altern Ther Health Med. 2005; 11: 42-49
- Dietary supplement use in U.S. Army Special Operations candidates.Mil Med. 1999; 164: 495-501
- A national survey of certified registered nurse anesthetists’ knowledge, beliefs, and assessment of herbal supplements in the anesthesia setting.AANA J. 2005; 73: 368-377
- Herbal medicine use by children presenting for ambulatory anesthesia and surgery.Paediatr Anaesth. 2004; 14: 916-919
- The effects of valerian on the time course of emergence from general anesthesia in Sprague-Dawley rats (Rattus norvegicus).AANA J. 2007; 75: 431-435
- Effect of St. John’s wort on drug metabolism by induction of cytochrome P450 3A4 enzyme.JAMA. 2003; 290: 1500-1504
- Efficacy and safety of pomegranate juice on improvement of erectile dysfunction in male patients with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction: A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover study.Int J Impot Res. 2007; 19: 564-567
- Effects of consumption of pomegranate juice on carotid intima-media thickness in men and women at moderate risk for coronary heart disease.Am J Cardiol. 2009; 104: 936-942
- Nutraceuticals and prostate cancer prevention: A current review.Nat Rev Urol. 2010; 7: 21-30
Murr A. A winning equation. Available at: http://www.newsweek.com/id/46250. Accessed April 2, 2010.
- Anthocyanin- and hydrolyzable tannin-rich pomegranate fruit extract modulates MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways and inhibits skin tumorigenesis in CD-1 mice.Int J Cancer. 2005; 113: 423-433
- Anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-oedematous effects of Lafoensia pacari extract and ellagic acid.J Pharm Pharmacol. 2006; 58: 1265-1273
- Analgesic-antipyretic and anti-inflammatory agents; pharmocotherapy of gout; pharmacotherapy of gout.in: Bruton L. Parker K. Goodman and Gillman’s The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 11th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York2010: 683-723
- Investigation of the antihyperalgesic effects of the pomegranate extract ellagic acid.AANA J. 2008; 76: 365-366
- Analgesic effectiveness of ketorolac compared to meperidine in the rat formalin test.Anesth Prog. 1997; 44: 11-16
- Evaluation of pharmacological profile of meloxicam as an anti-inflammatory agent, with particular reference to its relative selectivity for cyclooxygenase-2 over cyclooxygenase-1.Pharmacology. 1997; 55: 44-53
- Inhibition of cyclo-oxigenase-2 activity does not abolish the anabolic effect of prostaglandin E2 in vivo or in vitro.J Endocrinol. 2002; 174: 127-135
- Enhancement of radiation-induced oxidative stress and cytotoxicity in tumor cells by ellagic acid.Clin Chim Acta. 2005; 359: 89-100
- Antiinflammatory and analgesic effects of Psidium guajava Linn. (Myrtaceae) leaf aqueous extract in rats and mice.Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol. 2006; 28: 441-446
- Free radical scavengers, anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity of Acaena magellanica.J Pharm Pharmacol. 2002; 54: 835-844
- Distribution and metabolism of ellagic acid in the mouse following intraperitoneal administration.Cancer Lett. 1987; 34: 165-171
- Comparison of mouse and rat cytochrome P450-mediated metabolism in liver and intestine.Drug Metab Dispos. 2006; 34: 1047-1054
- Assessing transient and persistent pain in animals.in: Textbook of Pain. 4th ed. Churchill-Livingstone, Edinburgh1999: 359-369
- The effect of a sciatic nerve block on the development of inflammation in carrageenan injected rats.Anesth Analg. 1999; 89: 979-984
- Disposition of the plant phenol ellagic acid in the mouse following oral administration by gavage.Xenobiotica. 1988; 18: 397-405
This study was funded by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists Foundation.